Born in 1986 - Bulgaria
Velislava Georgieva Gecheva is a Bulgarian artist, born in 1986.
She studied painting at the National Academy of Arts in Sofia, before specializing at the Academy of Arts Macerata, in Italy. She graduated in 2009.
Velislava Gecheva's painting is figurative, inspired from her immediate surroundings, most of the time these are sailing or urban scenes. The artist tries to capture a glimpse, an impression when time stands still, before displaying it on canvas.
She isn't realistic about her colors and technique but Velislava's paintings nonetheless portray poetry through her themes and by the strength of her brushstrokes.
2016- I Left All The Places Take Me -Nuance Art Gallery, Sofia
2013- People-La Tappezzeria d`Arte, Florence, Italy
2012- Before And After, But Not Now- La Macina di San Cresci, Greve in Chianti FI, Italy
2005- Painting- Debut Gallery, Sofia
Group shows /Selection/:
2015-Imago Mundi. Luciano Benetton Collection. Mappa dell’arte nuova- Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice
-The Next Step Generation- Berlaymont, Brussels
-ATTENTION: WET PAINT- Sofia Art Gallery, Sofia
- The Finalist from Nuance Art Gallery Competition for Contemporary Art- Nuance Art Gallery, Sofia
-Art for Change 1985-2015- Sofia Art Gallery, Sofia
2014-My Name is Artist –Art Center Hugo Voeten, Herentals
- National exhibition Friends of the Sea, Petko Zadgorski Art Gallery of Burgas, Bulgaria;
2013-Neverending Story?-Exhibition of Young Emerging Artists -Rakursi Gallery, Sofia
2012-Chances. Choices. Changes, National Palace of Culture, Sofia
-Love-Union of Bulgarian Artists Galleries, Sofia
-Annual Award for Painting of Edmond Demirdjian Foundation- Rakursi Gallery, Sofia
- Competition Exhibition Allianz Bulgaria- National Award for Painting, Sculpture and Graphics, 5-29 April, Shipka 6, Sofia
2011-Zona Urban, Union of Bulgarian Artists Gallery, Sofia
- Cyril and Methodius - National competition for young artists, critics, curators, Sofia
- Transform- international student exhibition- Museum of Foreign Art, Sofia
2010 -Graduation exhibition for Bachelor Degree Art Academy, Shipka 6, Sofia
- Erasmus in Arte – Galleria Mironimia, Macerata, Italy
- Anno Europeo della creativita e innovazione – Antichi Forni, Macerata, Italy
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."