Born in 1956 - France
Philippe Azema was born in 1956. He grew up in the south of France between Camargue, Herault and Tarn. Farmer during the day and artist during his free time,
Born in 1956, Philippe Azema grew up at the Mediterranean Sea. He lives in Tarn (south of France) where he works as a farmer and draws during his free time. He went to the School of fine art of Toulouse during one year. Philippe Azema was interested in the red color and tried painting on canvas, but lost interest in it. Later he started painting with a razor and with a peak shaped stick and concentrated his work on colors red, black and yellow.
Azema draws and paints on paper and on old sheets which can be up to 4x2 meters large. His works remind us of prehistoric drawings in which we can see sort of men and animals on yellow/orange background. The animals drawn by Azema are all black, imaginary and inspired from legends like “La bête du Gévaudan”.
Philippe Azema works in acrylic, felt pens, ink and oil.
- 1998 : bibliothèque Graulhet
- 1999 : Musée Goya . Castres
- 2000 : Squat artistique Mix Art Myris . Toulouse
- 2002e Festival d'Art Singulier du Vigan
- 2002 : Festival d'Art Singulier. Roquevaire .
- 2003 : Festival de Castanet –tolozane.
- 2004 : Rencontres de Condom.
- 2009 -Galerie l’Art A Part . Toulon
- 2010- Festival Biz’art Biz’art
- 2010- Triennale In Sita . Bratislava . Grand prix de Bratislava.
- 2011- Itinéraires Singuliers . Dijon
- 2011 Festival Outsiders . Mauriac
- 2012 Galerie POLYSEMIE Marseille
- 2013 Outsider Art Fair Paris ( Galerie POLYSEMIE )
- 2014 Galerie POLYSEMIE Marseille
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."