Born in 1969 - France
Born in 1969, François Brumas is a photographer and visual artist. He lives and works in Montpellier (South of France) where he works as an artistic director in the field of press and edition.
His photographic works are the result of the destruction of reality and the creation of a mysterious and imaginary world.
Francois Brumas works are the result of the recycling and diversion of images. He practices "photographic sampling" which consist in the use of vintage photographs, mainly from the twentieth century cut and assembled in order to create a new composition. Lately, this technique has allowed him to create a anthropomorphic series, where hybrid beings in a vintage or contemporary decorated background imitate human activities.
The artist highlights the absurdity of his representations, this form of artistic transgression seeks to explore the irrational, the absurd and to test human psychology.The animal figures become the mirror of our primal human drives.
- 2016. « Bestiaire » à la galerie Dynamo. Montpellier.
- 2004 et 2010. « Chairs à tanner ». Festival des Boutographies, Rencontres photographiques de Montpellier.
- 1999. « Emplois Verts ». Conseil régional du Limousin. Limoges.
- 1997. « Festivals ». Festival des Francophonies. Limoges.
- 1996. « Les héros du digital ». Médiathèque. Limoges.
- 1995. « Carnaval ». Galerie L’humeur Vagabonde. Limoges.
- 1994. « Reflets ». Galerie Delta Phot. Limoges.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."