Born in 1980 - France
Gilbert1 is a French street artist, born in 1980 in Epinal. He currently lives and works in Nancy.
Stemmed from the graffiti scene, Gilbert1 stands out due to his deconstructed style and varied use of techniques: painting, silk screen painting ranging from collage, assembling sculpture and drawing.
After having exercised art which was bent towards calligraphy for a long time, he is now focused on twisting abandoned industrial areas: through existing architecture, the artist uses recovered in situ materials and plays around with textures and colors to create enormous artistic installations and brings abandoned places to life again. Gilbert1 has already invested in the streets of Paris, Lyon, Barcelona, Rome or even New York.
After his « Home Sweet Home » exhibition in Reims in 2010, he made a stop motion movie in Nancy in 2009-2011, and participated in the mausoleum project in Paris in 2010-2012 and led The Broken Project in Nancy in 2012, an open air museum of 1 200 m2. He also made an installation in the porter's lodge in Bains Douche in 2013.
He tries to achieve optimal harmony with the place, its architecture and spirit, during each of his interventions.
Well anchored in the “graffuturism movement” Gilbert1 creates abstract works, de-structured with energy and chaos. But no mistakes be made: the disorder actually hides great precision pertaining to composition and assembling.
Gilbert1 has exhibited at Punto618 Art gallery in Turin in 2015, M.U.R Oberkampf, Hélène Bailly Gallery in Paris, Bora Baden in Nancy in 2014;at the Stroke Art Fair of Berlin in 2013, not to mention the Friche de Paris in 2012.
• Group show avec Etnik, Galerie Orlinda Lavergne, Mulhouse, 2016
• Out of Control, GCA Gallery, Nice, 2016
• Falling to pieces, Punto618 Art gallery, Turin, Italie, 2015
• Art Suggest, Paris, 2015
• Graffuturism 5 years, 886 Geary gallery, San Francisco, USA, 2015
• Made in France, GCA Gallery, Nice, 2014
• Le M.U.R, Paris, 2014
• Exposition collective, Galerie Magda Danysz, Paris, 2014
• Exposition Collection Nicolas Laugero-Lasserre, Musée des Art de Créteil, 2014
• Extracted From Chaos, Helene Bailly Gallery, Paris, 2014
• In Situ, Galerie Bora Baden, Nancy, 2014
• Geometry of chance, Mirus gallery, San Francisco, USA, 2013
• Graffuturism Paris, Galerie Openspace, Paris, 2013
• Art Paris Art Fair, Grand Palais, Helene Bailly gallery, Paris, 2013
• Résidence artistique aux Bains, Galerie Magda Danysz, Paris, 2013
• Graffuturism, Soze Gallery, Los Angeles, USA, 2012
• Musée à ciel ouvert, The broken project, Nancy, 2012
• No borders, Galerie Frichez nous la paix, Paris, 2012
Deliveries guaranteedby specialised carriers
Secure payment by credit card, paypal or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 business days
The best prices Negotiated with our partnered galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."