Born in 1970 - France
1992: license in organism biology (University of Rennes 1).
1994/1995: military service in a training center of naval frame (Ateliers de l' Enfer in Douarnenez).
1995/2003: framework, woodwork, aeronautic maintenance and restoration of an old sawmill to establish a workshop.
“After my studies of biology, I have been attracted by the work of wood and traditional boats. By working a few years in naval frame, I learned more about the wood layout and its implementation.
In 2003, I started realizations of sculptures associating wood and metal. Since then, I privileged the burned wood with stainless steel for their contrast and their graphical aspect.
This association corresponds to the wish of mixing different elements. Several trends are intertwined to make reality and feelings exist.
The forms are defined by elaborating a volume, by aggregating these elements with the concern to reconcile the diversity of the materials registered in the unit of the shape.
The sculptures are often connected to the movement and inspired by elements of the nature, pebbles, seeds … or by technical realizations like some contemporary architectures.
Each realization is an open proposition letting each free to plan his own imagination”..
• Art3f Nantes, France (2014)
• Art3f Lyon, France (2014-2013)
• Gmac Paris, France (2014-2013-2012-2011-2010)
• Levallois-Perret, France (2014)
• Montreux Art Gallery, Suisse (2014-2013)
• Art3f Mulhouse, France (2014-2013)
• Galerie Artes, Troyes, France (2014-2013-2012)
• Lille Art Fair, France (2013)
• Art Event, Namur, Belgique (2013)
• Brugge, Belgique (2013)
• Congress Innsbruck, Autriche (2013)
• Montreux Art Gallery, Suisse (2013)
• Art en Capitale, Paris, France (2012)
• St'art, Strasbourg, France (2012)
• Libramont, Belgique (2012)
• Biennale de Ouîstreham, France (2009)
• Sarzeau, France (2008)
• Cancale, France (2007)
• Biennale de Saint Brieuc, France (2007)
• Lannion, France (2007)
Follow Marc Le Guen ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 open days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"I have always been passionate about art but I find myself lacking time to visit art galleries. Artsper allows me to develop my own collection easily."