Born in 1970 - France
Marc Le Guen is a French sculptor, born in 1970.
After studies in organism biology at Université de Rennes 1, Marc Le Guen was drawn to woodwork and traditional boats. In 1994, he did his national service in a naval training center which allowed him to acquire some knowledge concerning drawing and the implementation of wood (Ateliers de l’enfer à Douarnenez).
Until 2003, he worked with carpentry, woodworking, aerospace maintenance and restored an old sawmill to put up his workshop.
2003 onwards, he began sculpting with wood and metal. Since then, these materials are implemented and he gives priority to burnt wood and stainless steel for their contrast and graphical aspect. This combination corresponds to his wish to use several materials, trends and mix them together, for the tangible and emotions to come into being.
Fascinated by the diversity of shapes in life, Marc Le Guen is inspired by nature and technical realizations to elaborate a volume, by incorporating these elements, in order to combine several materials, included in the unity of form.
Each of the artist's creation need to be seen like an open proposal, therefore giving free rein to the imagination.
• Art3f Nantes, France (2014)
• Art3f Lyon, France (2014-2013)
• Gmac Paris, France (2014-2013-2012-2011-2010)
• Levallois-Perret, France (2014)
• Montreux Art Gallery, Suisse (2014-2013)
• Art3f Mulhouse, France (2014-2013)
• Galerie Artes, Troyes, France (2014-2013-2012)
• Lille Art Fair, France (2013)
• Art Event, Namur, Belgique (2013)
• Brugge, Belgique (2013)
• Congress Innsbruck, Autriche (2013)
• Montreux Art Gallery, Suisse (2013)
• Art en Capitale, Paris, France (2012)
• St'art, Strasbourg, France (2012)
• Libramont, Belgique (2012)
• Biennale de Ouîstreham, France (2009)
• Sarzeau, France (2008)
• Cancale, France (2007)
• Biennale de Saint Brieuc, France (2007)
• Lannion, France (2007)
Follow Marc Le Guen ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Masterpieces This artist is internationally renowned.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."