Catherine Farge is a French artist. She exercises a profession that is becoming increasingly rare, that of glass blower.
She discovered this material when she was already mature, at the age of 33, but it had a real impact on her. Catherine Farge then decided to learn thr craft and learned to blow glass from 1998 to 2000, she did a CAP (Certificate of professional Aptitude) in blowing mold: a training in blowing and spinning with a blowtorch, blowing cane at the European Center of Research and Training in glass blowing Arts, Vannes-le-Châtel.
She then worked as an assistant for famous glassmakers this way she perfectionated her technique. From her journeys, Catherine Farge kept her big fascination for the "chives" Thin glass disks. She sees in this material a richness of expression, playing with light and colors. It is a living material, which imposes its own pace when it is being worked and has a memory, symbolized by the cracks and scratches that may hinder it.
Having worked as a gardener in her younger years, she wanted to combine the two worlds. It was then obvious for the artist to combine glass and wood, strength and fragility, opacity and transparency, the natural and the artificial. Just like glass, wood has a story, which can be seen in the lines of the life of the tree. The more stranded it is the more Catherine Farge will be interest about.
Her works are now exhibited all throughout France and Switzerland.
• Musée du Verre, Claret, France (2014)
• Braggiotti Gallery, Amsterdam, Pays-Bas (2014-2013)
• Charenton le Pont, France (2013)
• Galerie Les 3 Soleils, Epesses, Suisse (2013)
• Adler Joailliers, Genève, Suisse (2014-2012)
• Courants d'Art Galerie, Revel, France (2012-2011-2009-2008)
• Montboul'Art, Soyaux, France (2012-2011)
• Galerie Artes, Troyes, France (2011-2010)
• Orleat, France (2010)
• Clermont Ferrand, France (2010-2005)
• Galerie Clément, Vevey, Suisse (2009-2008)
• Gallery Luniverre, Paris, France (2008)
• Galerie Adler Joailliers, Gstaad, Suisse (2007)
• Musée/ Centre d'Art du Verre, Carmaux, France (2007)
• Strasbourg, France (2006)
• SOFA, Galerie Ateliers d’Art de France, Chicago, USA (2006-2005)
• Galerie Collection, Ateliers d'Art de France, Paris, France (2006)
• Centre d'Art Contemporain Vauban, Briançon, France (2006)
• Centre Culturel La Pléyade, Commentry, France (2006)
• Salon Artis'art, Parc des expositions, St. Etienne, France (2005)
• Galerie Empreinte, Aydat, France (2005)
• pour l'UNESCO, Tunisie (2005)
• Biennale du Verre, Langeais, France (2005)
• Biennale Premiers feux, Troyes, France (2005)
• Vente aux enchères Prestige, Drouot, Paris, France (2005)
• St’Art, Galerie Ateliers d’Art de France, Strasbourg, France (2005)
• Biennale du Verre Contemporain, Issoire, France (2004-2002)
• Aartech, Grenoble, France (2004)
• Troyes, France (2004)
• Galerie Garde à Vue, Clermont Ferrand, France (2003)
• CERFAV, Vannes-le-Châtel, France (2003)
• St Emilion, Bayonne, Bordeaux, France (2002)
• Exposition Internationale de Verre Contemporain, Alizay, France (2002)
• CERFAV Paris, Vannes-le-Châtel, France (2001)
• Rossella Junck Gallery, Venise, Italie (2000)
• Galerie Ovadia, Nancy, France (2000)
• Galerie Complément d'Objet, Martot, France (2000)
• Musée du Design et d'Art Contemporain, MUDAC, Lausane, Suisse
Follow Catherine Farge ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."