biography under completion
For years I was always been intrinsically interested in the technical aspects of painting with watercolour: transparency, value, texture. Now after 25 years of cajoling the pigment to go where I want it to go, caressing the paper and striving not to make a mistake, I have adopted a new approach.
My focus is on taking risks; provoking and using the little accidents that this wonderful medium has to offer. However I do not leave everything to chance and plan my compositions, looking for balance through use of value and colour. My experimentations have led to adopting different techniques depending on the desired outcome. I “sculpt” my shapes by either painting them or painting the background (negative space).
My work can often be abstract or may suggest still life shapes, nature or animals. I enjoy mixing the figurative with abstract in an attempt to have the spectator finish the story that I started, himself.
I prefer to work from my imagination, interpreting nature as I remember, drawing from my memories and sensations of past experiences. I am interested in art that shows the artist’s vision of the world as he sees it.
Painting with watercolours is a never-ending new adventure; a never-ending love affair.
• Exposition personnelle à l’Atelier Pièce Unique 2016.
• Bygillian Gallery, Bourne End, UK. et Oberonart, Burnham, Bucks, UK.
• Diverse galeries: à Dubai (Profile, Art House, Hunar) et au Pays Bas Gallery Kunst A/D Kade Rotterdam E.O., Galerie Atelier Pièce Unique.
• Gery Puley Award, CSPWC Open Water 2014 Exhibition, Canada.
• Premier prix, Festival International de l’aquarelle d’Aiguillon, 2014.
• Premier prix concours Le Rêve, Tribu des Artistes, Mai 2014.
• Prix Spécial Batigère au Salon International de l’Aquarelle d’Uckange, 2014.
• Prix de la ville de Mesnil-le-Roi, Salon des Arts de Maisons-Laffitte, 2013.
• Salis International Inc., CSPWC Open Water 2013 Exhibition, Canada.
• Diplôme du Jury, Biennale d’Aquarelle de Ribeauvillé, 2013.
• Médaille du Département des Yvelines, « Fourqueux Village des Artistes », 2012.
• Une des trois gagnantes du Concours Abstractions, La Tribu des Artistes, 2011.
• Deuxième prix, Concours Aquarelle Boesner, 2011.
• Médaille de Vermeil, Salon des Amis des Arts de Grenoble.
Follow Donna Acheson-Juillet ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."