Yan ZORITCHAK was born in 1944 in Zdiar, in Slovakia. He did his artistic studies at the School of decorative Arts in Bratislava then at the High School of the Applied Glass of Zelezny Brod (1959-1963) and at the High School of the Decorative arts of Prague (1963-1969 ). At that time, the Bohemian glass was one of the most famous of the world and the glass creation, rapidly expanding, innovated under all its forms, the free creation or architecture as much as in art than industrial production.
Since 1970, Yan ZORITCHAK lives and works in France where his merits are acknowledged for many years because he was named Knight of the order of the Arts and Letters in 1987.
Yan ZORITCHAK is one of the most creative of our time. He is the author of a lot of series of sculptures presented in prestigious places with evocative titles of brilliant travel in the universe: polar flowers, Arctic and Antarctic, celestial Flowers, Lakes of space, wandering rocks, Spaces, celestial Gardens, Nova, Messengers …
He is also a talented researcher and a theorist who participated at the very beginning of the adventure of the center of outstanding art called the International center of Research on Glass and Plastic arts, today implanted in Marseille.
Yan ZORITCHAK’s works are exposed in more than fifty public collections in France and in a dozen of other countries like in Germany, Australia, Belgium, China, Hungary, Japan, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland(Swiss), Czech republic, Ukraine and the USA. Since 1973, the artist realized more than 80 private expositions in Europe, The States and in Japan. He is the prize-winner of prestigious international prizes.
• Galerie Artes, Troyes, France (2014-2013-2012)
• Finnish Glass Museum, Riihimaki, Finlande (2013)
• Orangerie du Sénat, Palais du Luxembourg, Paris, France (2013)
• Carrefour des Arts, Lalouvesc, France (2013)
• Salon du Vieux Colombier, Mairie de Paris VI, France (2013)
• Galeria Mesta Bratislavy, Mirbachov Palac, Bratislava, Slovaquie (2013)
• Tatranska Galéria, Poprad, Slovaquie (2012-2009)
• Turcianska Galeria, Martin, Slovaquie (2012)
• Willi Sitte Galerie, Merseburg, Allemagne (2012)
• Novohradske Muzeum a Galeria Lucenec, Slovaquie (2011)
• Musée/ Centre d’Art, Carmaux, France (2011)
• Sarisska Galeria, Presov, Slovaquie (2010)
• La Mals, Sochaux, France (2010)
• Muzeum Beskyd, Frydek-Mistek, Tchéquie (2010)
• Musée Chintreuil, Pont de Vaux, France (2010)
• Ostravske Muzeum, Ostrava, Tchéquie (2010)
• Chartreuse d’Aillon, France (2009)
• Muzeum Mesta Brna, Spielberk, Brno, Tchéquie (2009)
• Oravska Galeria, Dolny Kubin, Slovaquie (2009)
• Musée Faure, Aix les Bains, France (2009)
• Nitrianska Galeria, Nitra, Slovaquie (2008)
• Jihomoravske Muzeum, Znojmo, Tchéquie (2008)
• Shangaï Art Fair, Chine (2006)
• Muzeum Bialsko Biala, Pologne (2006)
• Conche en Ouche, France (2005)
Musées et collections publiques (extraits)
• Kunstmuseum, Düsseldorf, Allemagne
• Art Gallery of Western, Perth, Australie
• Musées Royaux, Bruxelles, Belgique
• Hsinchu Museum, Taipeh, Taïwan
• Liuligongfong Museum, Shangaï, Chine
• Musée d’Art Moderne, Troyes, France
• Musée d’Art Contemporain et d’Art Moderne, Nice, France
• Fond National d’Art Contemporain, Paris, France
• Musée d’Unterlinden, Colmar, France
• Musée faure, Aix-les-Bains, France
• Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art, Sapporo, Japon
• Musée National d’Art Moderne, Tokyo, Japon
• Yokohama Museum of Art, Yokohama, Japon
• Museum Narodowe, Wroclaw, Pologne
• Galerie Nationale Slovaque, Bratislava, Slovaquie
• Musée Bellerive, Zurich, Suisse
• Galerie Morave, Brno, Tchéquie
• Musée de la Bohème du nord, Liberec, Tchéquie
• National Museum, Lviv, Ukraine
• Museum of Art, Collegeville, USA
• Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo, USA
Follow Yan Zoritchak ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 open days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"I have always been passionate about art but I find myself lacking time to visit art galleries. Artsper allows me to develop my own collection easily."