Born in 1980 - South Africa
Born in 1980 in Johannesburg, in South Africa, the artist Katherine Van Uytrecht studied at the Beaux-Arts University of Cape Town where she specialized in printing. She graduated in 2002 and went to work in Ireland for Graphic Studio Dublin, Stoney Road Press and privately for artists. She joined numerous groups of artists as Black Church Print Studio in Dublin and Grafik i Väst in Sweden. Today she lives in London and work for London Print Studio.
Her artwork is marked by the theme of the memories linked to people or places. Looking for her origins, she transposes the environment and feelings that surround her. In this exploration of her own personality, she shares her enthusiasm by creating with humour new objects and places combinations to show at what point and how we are all linked. She finds her inspiration in everyday’s beauty, and is inspired by her own experience in order to blur the barriers between sacred and ordinary.
The artist uses the printing technique that consists in transferring a drawing done with ink from a support to most of the time paper. This permits to multiply the number of artworks in order to create editions. Following her recent trip in India and in Nepal, she decided to use the technique of lithography in order to transpose the instantaneousness of the landscapes that she qualifies as “daily snapshots”.
- 2013, Small Offerings, Grafik i Väst, Gothenburg, Suède.
- 2011,New Works, Graphic Studio Gallery, Dublin
- 2011,Galleri Astley, Uttersberg, Sweden : Grafik i Väst, Gothenburg, Suède
- 2014, 20:20 Print Exchange, West Yorkshire Print Workshop; Gloucestershire Print Co-op; The Art House, Wakefield; The Print Shed, Hereford; Hope House Prints,Leeds: The Bluecoat, Liverpool, UK
Summer Exhibition, londonprintstudio, Londres, UK.
Eleven Greenwhich Printmakers, The Fountain Gallery, Hampton Court
- 2013, 20:20 Print Exchange, Hot Bed Press, Salford, UK
Play, londonBstudio, Londres, UK.
Multiplied, Christie’s, Londres, UK
Circulation, Monster Truck Gallery, Dublin, Ireland, Flood, Dublin, Ireland
- 2012, 20 år med Grafik i Väst, Björngårdsvillan (Dômen konstskola),Gothenburg, Suède
- 2011, Phizzfest 2011, Dublin
New Members’ Exhibition, Grafik i Väst, Gothenburg, Suède.
Beautiful Man, Kenny’s Gallery, Galway. The Printmakers Gallery, Dublin.
- 2010, Beautiful Man, Talbot Gallery, Dublin.
Graphic Studio Dublin, Golden Anniversary Exhibition, Farmleigh House Gallery.
Gold, Graphic Studio Gallery, Dublin.
Yeats and the Golden Age of Print, Sligo Art Gallery, Sligo.
Where Borders Meet. The Response, Graphic Studio Gallery, Dublin. Galeria Lamelli, Krakow.
- 2009, Tomorrow is Today, Original Print Gallery, Dublin.
Artist’s Proof, Chester Beatty Library, Dublin.
- 2008, Little Christmas, Graphic Studio Gallery, Dublin.
Node, Original Print Gallery, Dublin.
Where Borders Meet, Muzeum “Dwory Karwacjanów i G?adyszów”, Gorlice, Poland.
- 2007, Dublin Port Exhibition, Dublin Port Company, Dublin. Graphic Studio Gallery, Dublin.
106.7 x 83.8
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."