Born in 1976 - South Africa
Kilmany-Jo Liversage was born in CapeTown in 1973. Qualifications: H.Dip Fine Arts. Free State Technikon, 1994. Received a distinction in Painting. B.Tech Fine Arts, Free State Technikon, 1997.
With street art being one of the most talked about genres today, some struggle to differentiate the Banksy’s from the bunch. No surprise then that super talented artist Kilmany-Jo Liversage aka Orda has taken her outstanding portfolio a step further with street art as the key influence.
The result is a body of work that is edgy and energetic but also very hang-able. With a list of achievements between 1995 and now, including a Sasol New Signatures Award in 2000 and a UNESCO bursary in 2005 as well as an artists’ residency in Colombia, Kilmany-Jo has had the opportunity to explore and interpret the concept of street art in a unique way.
She uses traditional aerosol sprays to create works that redefine identities as a mark of contemporary life. The result is a body of large, colourful paintings that is clearly rooted in the street but simultaneously boasts superior sophistication.
About her most recent series of portraits the artist issued the following statement:
“During the Machine Age, artists would reduce their compositions to its smallest constituent parts. With my current paintings I manufacture this deconstruction by combining the painting tradition of portraiture with idiosyncrasies from the urban culture of tagging. This enables me to explore the intersection between street art and fine art while reconstructing them into a new genre of portraiture.”
- Kilmany-Jo Liversage
• Ordamental515 – Hay Hill Gallery, London, May 2015
• Obversa714 - Worldart, Cape Town, July 2014
• Obversa714 - Lizamore & Associates, July 2014
• Portra – Source 53, Singapore, November 2012
• Portra – Artspace gallery, Johannesburg. November 2012
• Portra – Worldart gallery, Cape Town. May 2012
• Moniker – Worldart gallery, Cape Town. May 2011
• Orda 2010 – Erdmann Contemporary. September 2010
• Symbol of Tribute 2009 – Association for Visual Arts, Cape Town
• Orda 2006 – Blank Projects, Cape Town, South Africa
• Orda 2003 – Association for Visual Arts, Cape Town, South Africa
• Tattoo Convention 2011, Word of Art, Woodstock, Cape Town
• Guten Tag 2011, Word of Art, Woodstock, Cape Town
• Creative Context: A Group Show by Contemporary African Fine Artists. Nov 2010. Singapore
• World Aids Congress July 2010 - Vienna, Brussels
• Matters Conceptually 2010, Erdmann Gallery, Cape Town
• Grafismos 2005, Comfandi Institute in Cali, Colombia
• Graffiti is Public Art 2005, Jardin Botanical Garden, Medellin, Colombia
• Graffiti is Public Art 2005, Paul Bardwell of Contemporary Art, Centro Colombo Americano,
Meddelin, South America
• Spier Outdoor Sculpture Biennale 2004, Stellenbosch, Cape Town
• Long Shot 2004, Shot Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa
• Gesseau Art 2004, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
• Absolut Magic, Absolut Voyeur, Absolut Final-Association for Visual Art,
Cape Town SA 2003 - 2005
Follow Kilmany-Jo Liversage ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 open days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"I have always been passionate about art but I find myself lacking time to visit art galleries. Artsper allows me to develop my own collection easily."