Born in 1944 - Spain
Painter Pedro Cano was born on 10th August, 1944, in Blanca Spain. He began oil painting at the age of 10.
His encounter with Benaches Amparo the painter in 1959, determined his artistic career. He joined the Fine Arts School of San Fernando in Madrid in 1965, receiving a grant from the Murcia Province. In 1969 he obtained a grant for landscape painting from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to study painting at the Spanish Academy of Fine Arts in Rome. At the end of his training, he stayed for a while in Rome before receiving financial help from the Alhambra Foundation in Granada.
His travels from Mexico to Brazil in 1976 was personally and professionally very beneficial, as this led him to do a pictorial production, displayed in Milan, Bolzano and Salzburg. Then he settled down for four years in New York, and traveled a lot to Syria, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt and Libya.
Pedro Cano's career took off abroad and he is well known for his talent as he obtained the Gold medal at the Florence Biennial for painting and sculpture in 1971 and another gold medal from the Biennial Graphic Art in Florence in 1972.
He is a professor at Bellas Artes Academia of Saint Maria, Arrixaca.
- 2012 Pedro Cano: Castillos - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2006 Pedro Cano - Carte - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2004 Pedro Cano. Le Città Invisibili di Italo Calvino - Museo Hendrik Christian Andersen, Rome
- 2002 Pedro Cano - Cinquenta Desnudos - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 1999 Pedro Cano - De Abril a Septiembre - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2015 Group Exhibition Convivium - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2015 Convivium - Galerie Alessandro Casciaro, Bolzano
- 2014 Muse inquietanti - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2013 Artisti della galleria - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2013 Collections At Stelline - Fondazione Stelline, Milan
- 2013 Estate 2013 - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2013 Mostra Collettiva - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2012 Grandi opere nel piccolo formato - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2011 Artisti della Galleria - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2010 Blue - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2010 Summertime - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2010 Mostra Collettiva - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2009 Nella luce di Morandi - Galleria Goethe, Bolzano
- 2006 Flowers - Galleria Forni, Bologna
- 2006 Sinfonia urbana - Echi dalla città - Il Narciso Galleria d´arte contemporanea, Rome
- 2004 Nan Goldin und Pedro Cano - Galerie Rieder, Munich
- 2000 L'immagine della parola. Artisti contemporanei per le parabole di Gesu' - Museo d`Arte dello Splendore, Giulianova, TE
83.8 x 106.7 Cm
50 x 50 Cm
58 x 45 Cm
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."