Born in 1982 - Spain
Cayn Sanchez starts painting in the streets of Barcelona in the spring of 1999. The graffiti was the medium that allowed him to get in touch with the art world. Thanks to this practice he had the opportunity to travel and participate in events, exhibitions, exhibitions, competitions and projects in which he has shown his interest in social issues.
He began his artistic training with the academic degree of Illustration at the Escola d'Arts Plastiques I Disseny 'Llotja' (2007-2009). After that, he developed the Professional Bastards (2010) project that made 26 murals in which the greatest genocides of the twentieth century is portrayed and that allowed him to travel to Asia where he made interventions in 10 countries of the continent.
After this project he returned to Barcelona after a year and a half traveling around Asia and enrolled at the University of Barcelona where he will graduate in July 2015. In these four years at the Faculty of Fine Arts have allowed him to delve into the hermeneutics of contemporary art and develop a discourse of urban art in the context of contemporary art. Proof of this is the first solo exhibition: "La calle es nuestra" (2012), in the gallery Escalera de Incendios in Barcelona. Later, a grant from the Japanese government allows him to travel back to Asia where he participated in an exchange of one year at the University of Tsukuba (2013/14).
In Japan, in addition to participating in several exhibitions he presented the project “Discarded Material” (2014) where he paints portraits of five homeless from the streets of Tokyo, about five murals created from discarded appliances and exposed in Tsukuba Memorial House . In Tsukuba he also participates in a residency at the Tsukuba Art Center and in a exhibition held in November 2014.
Grado Superior de Ilustración en la Escola superior de disseny i d’Art Llotja de Barcelona,
del 2007 al 2009.
Graduado en Bellas Artes por la Universidad de Barcelona en 2015.
· VOLATILIDAD - Art Deal Project Gallery, Sept. 2016. Solo.
· CADAVRE EXQUIS - Art Deal Project Gallery, June 2015. Solo.
· TSUKUBA ARTIST in RESIDENCE – Tsukuba Art Center in Japan, Nov. 2014. Collective
· DISPOSABLE MATERIAL - Tsukuba Memorial House, Aug. 2014. Solo.
· BORDERS - University of Tsukuba en Japan, June 2014. Solo.
· Fem cultura de Barcelona, Dic. 2012- January 2013. Collective.
· Convent de Sant Agustí, Barcelona, Dic. 2012. Collective.
· LA CALLE ES NUESTRA – Escalera de incendios Gallery, Barcelona, Nov 2012. Solo.
· Birdnest Gallery, May 2010, en Kuala Lumpur, Malasia. Collective.
· SURVIVE - Bayu Widodo Gallery, April 2010, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Collective.
· Centro Cívico Drassanes 2009, Barcelona. Collective.
· Centro Cívico Mataró 2007, Barcelona. Collective.
· Fem Cultura Barcelona Agosto 2007, Barcelona. Collective.
Chief in MURALISTAS BARCELONA project, since August 2007 (www.muralistasbarcelona.com)
Artistic Residence in Tsukuba Art Center de Tsukuba, Japan, Summer 2014.
Follow Cayn Sanchez ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 open days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"I have always been passionate about art but I find myself lacking time to visit art galleries. Artsper allows me to develop my own collection easily."