Born in 1948 - United Kingdom
John Hutton was born in London in 1948 and he lives and works in the North of France. He studied at the Watford School of Art and at the St. Albans School of Art. In 1976 he painted his first abstract works exhibited by Air Gallery in London. In 1981, John Hutton had his first solo show at the Middlesex Polytechnic Gallery, London. He taught at the Chelsea School of Art, Londres.
Since the 1970s, John Hutton focuses on geometric abstraction. His paintings have various sources and inspiration and are produced through organization and experiment, using simple construction systems.
John Hutton works with acrylic on canvas, using pure colors, in a rectangular or square, minimalistic format. During his phase of research and production, accidents happen and create new assemblages yet unexplored, that find their place in his new series.
Expositions personnelles (sélection)
• 1981 : Middlesex Polytechnic Gallery, Londres.
• 1983 : St. James’s Church Piccadilly, Londres.
• 1985 : Centre 181 Gallery, Londres.
• 1997 : Open Studio Exhibition, Londres.
• 2000 : Coastal Currents Exhibition, Kent.
• 2001 : Deal Gallery, Deal, Kent.
• 2001 : Retrospective Sassoon Gallery, Folkestone Museum, Kent.
• 2003 : Hythe Gallery, Kent.
• 2007 : Dialogues’ Montreuil, France.
Expositions collectives (sélection)
• 2011 Réalities Nouvelles, Paris
• 2010 Souffle d’Art, Conseil Général, Arras, France
• 2009 ‘Passage’, La Chapelle des Jésuites, Saint-Omer, France
• 2008 The Square & the Sphere, Montreuil, France
• 1977-1993 Royal Academy Summer Exhibitions, Londres
• 1991 Lancashire Polytechnic, Preston, Lancashire
• 1991 The City Gallery & Museum, Leicester
• 1991 Rhyl Library Museum & Art Gallery, Rhyl, North Wales
• 1991 Brunel University, Uxbridge
• 1990 Contemporary Printmaking, Royal Festival Hall, Londres
• 1989 Critic’s Space 5, AIR Gallery, Londres
• 1988 Riverside Studios, Hammersmith, Londres
• 1987 Patricia Knight Fine Art, Londres
• 1987 Freuds Gallery, Londres
• 1987 Art of Today 2, Budapest Gallery, Hungary
• 1985 Diverse Works Gallery, Houston Texas, USA
• 1983 Serpentine Gallery, Londres
• 1981 Minsky’s Gallery, Primrose Hill, Londres
• 1981 Contemporary British Artists, Tokyo, Osaka, Japan
• 1981 Nichido Gallery, Nagoya, Japan
• 1981 Ian Birksted Gallery, Londres
• 1981 Arteder Muestra Internacionale de Arte, Madrid, Spain
• 1981 Musée Municipale des Beaux Arts, Tourcoing, France
• 1978 National Museum of Wales, Cardiff
London Borough of Camden
British Airways, Heathrow, Londres
Conseil Général Pas-de-Calais, France
Archives de Pas-de-Calais, Dainville, France
Glaxo Pharmaceuticals International, Londres
National Museum of Wales, Cardiff
Scarborough Museum, Yorkshire, Angleterre
Collections privéés à Londres, en France, à New York, la Suisse et le Japon
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."