Born in 1953 - United States
Chuck Fishman is an independent American photographer born in 1953. He lives and works in New York.
His works focuses mainly on social and political issues with a strong humanistic concern.
His work has been published and exposed all around the world, and has earned him the prestigious World Press Photo Foundation Medal, four times. His photographs have appeared several times on the cover of famous magazines such as the Time, Life, Fortune, Newsweek, The London Sunday Times and the Economist.
Chuck Fishman first monograph about Polish Jews titled The Final Chapter, was published in 1977 in the United States. He has worked on book projects for publishers all around the world from France and Singapore to Papua New Guinea.
Chuck’s works are included in the collections of the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery, the Center for Creative Photography, the United Nations, as well as in private and corporate collections.
His work has been exposed in private exhibitions in the United States and in Europe, as well as in international group expositions, at the International Center of Photography and at the Pingyao International Photography Festival, in China, at the HBO Corporate Gallery in New York, at the Old Parliament House of Canberra, in Australia and at the Fotoweek in Washington D.C.
- “Life Magazine” (cover) Sept. 1979
- “Fortune Magazine” (cover) Jan. 1980
- “The London Sunday Times Magazine” (cover) Jan. 1980
- “Time Magazine” (cover) May 1980; March 1981
- “The Economist Magazine” (cover) 1981
- “New York Magazine” (cover) July 1984
- “The Observer Magazine” (cover) Feb. 1984
- “Newsweek Magazine” (cover) Feb. 1986
- “Time Magazine”- Gallery of portraits of new American immigrants photographed at JFK airport NY spread over 7 pages. July 1985
- Polish Jews: The Final Chapter by Vinecour and Fishman. McGraw-Hill and New York University Press, 1977
- Les Livres Du Souvenir: Memoriaux Juifs de Pologne by Annette Wieviorka and Itzhok Niborski. Published by Editions Gallimard / Julliard, 1983
- The Photographer’s Almanac. Published by Little Brown and Co., 1983
- Ok Tedi 24:00. Published by Ok Tedi Mining Ltd., 1983
- A Salute to Singapore. Published by The Times of Singapore, 1984
- A Day in the Life of Canada. Published by Collins, 1984
- American Photography One: The first annual of American photography. Published by Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1985
- Bitburg: In Moral and Political Perspective, Edited by Geoffrey Hartman. Indiana University Press, 1986
- The Wall: Images and Offerings from the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Published by Collins Publishers, 1987.
- Flesh & Blood: Photographers’ Images of Their Own Families. Published by The Picture Project Inc., 1992.
- The Art of Memory: Holocaust Memorials in History. Edited by James Young. The Jewish Museum New York – Prestel Publishers, 1994.
- Jewish Roots in Poland: Pages from the Past and Archival Inventories by Miriam Weiner. Published by YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, 1997
- Pope John Paul II: His Remarkable Journey. Introduction by Lech Walesa. Published by de.MO 2005
- Center for Creative Photography, University of Arizona
- Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery
- Studio Museum of Harlem
- POLIN: The Museum of the History of Polish Jews
Contact/s – 1961-2001: From the Berlin Wall to the Twin Towers
Nordic Light – House of Photography Kristiansund, Norway July-August, 2012
Nordic Light, International Festival of Photography, Kristiansund, Norway, April
24-May 6, 2012
Contact/s – The Art of Photojournalism
Fotoweek D.C. Washington, D.C. November – December 2008
Old Parliament House Canberra, Australia, April 3 – June 1, 2008
Fotofreo International Photography Festival Fremantle, Australia, April 5 – May 4, 2008
Australian Center for Photography (ACP) Sydney, Australia, June 1–July 7, 2007.
Chobi Mela Photography Festival Dhaka, Bangladesh, November 9–29, 2006
Pingyao International Photography Festival Pinyao, China, September 16-22, 2006
Here is New York – Photographs from The World Trade Center Disaster
New York, October/November 2001
Toured eleven cities in the US and nine internationally
Dan Keplinger, aka King Gimp, Photographic Portraits
HBO Corporate Gallery New York
Flesh & Blood: Photographers’ Images of Their Own Families
Friends of Photography, Ansel Adams Center in San Francisco 1992. Toured Internationally
“Contact: Photojournalism since Vietnam.”
International Center of Photography, Spring 1987, toured twenty-two cities in the
US and Canada, and fourteen in Europe.
World Press Photo Amsterdam
Annual prizes for best worldwide photo reportage, 1976; 1977; 1980; 1983; 1984; 1986, toured internationally.
40 x 50 x 4
Follow Chuck Fishman ! Receive by email the new artworks of the artist.
Guaranteed deliveryby specialized carriers
Secure payment by credit card or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 open days
The best prices Negotiated with our partner galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."