Born in 1981 - Belgium
Laeticia Bica is a Belgian artist, born in Liège in 1987. She now works and lives in Brussels.
She studied photography at the Saint-Luc Fine Arts Institute in Liège.
Her work is based on iconic fashion or artistic figures, which range from theatrical to musical. She reworks portraits of such personalities to create a new esthetic. Her modifications and transformations will submerge her model in a complex compositions and incidentally make the audience forget their notoriety.
The artist includes a touch of humour in her photographs. In 2007, she won the Coup d'éclat award in Liège for her work, and starting exposing her work at the Fine Arts museum in Santiago in 2004. Currently, she not only collaborates with other artists but also with magazines.
• Madifesto, exposition collective sur les métiers de la mode à la CENTRALE for Contemporary Art, Bruxelles, 2013
• ‘voix off’, Les Rencontres de la photographie d’ Arles, Arles, France, 2013
•10e édition ‘Collector’ Festival international de la photo de mode, Roseraie parc, Cannes,2012
• FotoAtiva FUNDAÇÃO CARLOS GOMES, Brasilia (Brésil), 2008
• Les Paruriers de la Haute Couture, MAC’S Grand-Hornu, Mons, 2007
• Biennale de la photographie, Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes Santiago Chilli, 2005
Deliveries guaranteedby specialised carriers
Secure payment by credit card, paypal or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 business days
The best prices Negotiated with our partnered galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."