Born in 1964 - France
Born in 1964 in Paris, Nicolas Rubinstein is a French artist.
During his solitary childhood, he discovered art (literature, cinema, art techniques) as well as history and science, which he is passionate about. He then decided to join the National Superior School of Geology of Nancy and worked in parallel in the creation of his first pieces of art, while playing with a group of alternative rock. Even if he started a career as an underground manager he finally decided to give up this field and to devote to his passion for art and sculpture.
In order to finance his training as a sculptor, he worked in scenery and special effects workshops and in the world of advertising and cinema. This time passed quickly with the influence of the new technologies, even if technology was not part of our daily life yet, it was a big source of inspiration for the artist.
During the 90s, his focus on animals grew. The artist paid particular attention to the representation of the skeleton and its composition. He then started a work on memory and transmission in 1999, where the bones were still present and symbolized life and the importance of memory.
In the 2000s, he turned to a more modern art, with an enriched artistic writing and with a new symbolic element: the brain.
Nicolas Rubinstein recent work- the skeleton of rats hidden behind Mickey Mouse and the installation at the cemetery of elephants of Nantes- have been particularly remarked by the public and the critics.
• Nicolas Rubinstein, 912 Arty Gallery, Lourmarin
• Zones Vagues, Château-musée Grimaldi, Cagnes sur Mer
• Shadow Play, Galerie Porte Avion, Marseille
• Transmission, Galerie d’exposition du théâtre de Privas - Espace d’art contemporain, Privas
• Les deux font la paire, en duo avec Jeff Aérosol, Galerie Pluskwa, Marseille
• Le projet Télémachus, Centre d’Art Sébastien, St Cyr sur Mer
• Docks Art Fair, Galerie Georges Verney-Carron, Lyon
• X, vous êtes ici, Le Lieu Unique, Nantes
• Des souris et des os, Galerie Sollertis, Toulouse
• Jusqu’à l’os Galerie Salvador, Bruxelles
• Mickey le rat, Galerie Anima(l), Lyon
• Sauvé des eaux, Centre Intercommunal d'art Contemporain d'Istres
• Mickey hé dinù un topu, Centre culturel UNA VOLTA, Bastia
• Mickey mort, La Vitrine, Centre d'art Contemporain Faux Mouvement, Metz
• Galerie Emmanuel Rogé, Château de la Tour d'Aigues
• Mickey is also a rat, Galerie Salvador, Paris
• Comme un grain de sable, Galerie Anima(l), Lyon
• Mickey is also a rat, Villa Tamaris, La Seyne sur Mer
• Espace l'Autre Coté, Marseille
• Mickey was also a rat - Espace Ecureuil, Marseille
• Souvenir d'Afriques - Muséum de Blois, Blois
• Souvenir d'Afriques - Maison des Arts, Evreux
• Souvenir d'Afriques - Fondation Carzou, Manosque
• Regard's sur l'exotisme - Salle du Bras d'Or, Aubagne
• Galerie Hoopman - Amsterdam (Hollande)
• Trans zoo express - musée A G Poulain, Vernon *catalogue d'exposition
• Transparences animales - Galerie Arcturus, Paris
• 5 ou le taureau et les cardinaux - Chapelle des jésuites, Arles
• Bestiaire - Cabinet Raynal-Barbarit, Marseille
• Bibliothèque Joseph Roumanille, St Rémy de Provence
• l'Arche de Nickó - Bestiaire contemporain - Tour des Templiers, Hyères
• Best'hier pour bêtes de demain - Muséum de Blois, Blois
• Nouvelle Géographie de l'Evolution - Réserve Géologique des Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Digne
• Espace Ste Catherine de Sienne, Aix-en-Provence
Deliveries guaranteedby specialised carriers
Secure payment by credit card, paypal or bank transfer
Free returnswithin 14 business days
The best prices Negotiated with our partnered galleries
"Artsper gathers the best of art galleries in the world. I can therefore select art pieces from the comfort of my home with total peace of mind."
"Artsper's advisors helped me pick an artwork and were exceptionally reactive when I followed up on my order.
"Artsper has the broadest and largest range of accessible contemporary artworks. My painting from Jonone bought on Artsper is a daily delight."