Anna-Eva Bergman attended the Academy of Applied Arts in 1926-1927 and the Fine Arts in Oslo in 1927-1928, then continued her training in Vienna in 1928-1929 and in Paris, where in the spring of 1929 she was a student of 'André Lhote. She married in the autumn in Dresden with the painter Hans Hartung and exhibited in Dresden and Oslo in 1931. After having stayed in Menorca from 1933 to 1935, in France and in Italy, she returned to Norway in 1939 where she stopped painting for health reasons for almost ten years. She then devoted herself to journalism, illustration and caricature to meet the needs of the household. She is studying philosophy. Returning ten years later to painting, Anna-Eva Bergman presented a new exhibition in Oslo in 1950, settled in Paris in 1952 and remarried with Hartung in 1957. She produced engravings, etching, burin, point -sèche, exhibited at "La Hune", regularly participates in the Salon de Mai and exhibits in France, notably at the Galerie de France, in Norway and in Italy. In 1964, Anna-Eva Bergman made with Hartung a trip along the Norwegian coast during which she made more than a thousand photographs. From 1970 Hartung and Anna-Eva Bergman live in Antibes. Hans Hartung and Anna-Eva Bergman are among the painters gathered for the exhibition "Lyrical Flight, Paris 1945-1956" presented at the Luxembourg Museum (Senate), April-August 2006 (for Hartung: Untitled, 1947; T1948 -38, 1949, from the Fondation d'Antibes; T5232, 1952. For Anna-Eva Bergman: no 5 1952, Two black forms, 1952, from the Fondation d'Antibes) [catalog: (ISBN 8876246797)]. Anna-Eva Bergman's work was the subject of a retrospective at Domaine de Kerguehénnec in 2017.
This content has been translated by Google Translate.